Sunday, May 13, 2012

Campers Beware!

Trevor and I decided to try again at the whole "camping thing" (click if you want a laugh). So we went camping at Quail Lake over the weekend. Everything went great this time, except that I think we were a little too  prepared this time. We got there at about three o'clock, which in St. George language means 97 degrees. Right when we got out of the car I wanted to start setting up camp, Trevor was trying to be a trooper but I think at least ten times I heard him say, "It's just really hot." So I decided that if I wanted my husband to survive this camping trip we'd better take a pit stop. We stayed at my air-conditioned parents house until Trevor decided it was safe enough to step outside which was about 8:30, and set up our camp. 
There were only a few minor set backs, the heat being one of them, and also I thought a bear was attacking our tent all night. I'm not crazy. After Trevor gave me a geography lesson and reassured me for about an hour that there is no way on earth a bear could live, or even want to live in Quail Lake, everything else went smoothly. 

Another minor set back.. We got a two man tent. Which ended up being a two year old tent, or maybe a dog tent, or maybe it was a sleeping bag we're not really sure.. so we borrowed one from my parents.

*working tent? check.
*remembered firewood? check.


We decided to stay long enough for breakfast this time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment