Thursday, June 20, 2013

Trevor's 24th Birthday

Trevor's birthday started out with the traditional waking up to the room toilet papered! I loved growing up with this tradition in my family, it's just one extra thing that makes your day feel special, so I have to let Trevor experience it too :)

For breakfast, instead of the traditional breakfast in bed, we decided to go to our favorite breakfast place! It is called Oscars Cafe and it is in Zion National Park. They have the yummiest food, it was so fun to start out the day with Oscars! After breakfast we hiked around a bit in Zion.
Trevor is really cute because he always requests a home-made meal for his birthday dinner, instead of going out to eat somewhere. So for dinner we had potatoes, steak and asparagus.
 Trevor's favorite cake is the "Death by Chocolate Bundt" cake. It really is a killer, it's 10 lbs of chocolate heaven. I'm not even going to go into detail with all of the ingredients but let's just say there is a whole MEGA (not regular) size bag of chocolate chips in it. I really think you would probably die if you tried to eat the whole thing. So this is the one time a year I make it, just special for Trevor's birthday. It's okay to splurge on the chocolate just once a year right?

 I'm so grateful and blessed to have Trevor as my husband. He is the sweetest man in the whole world! This past year has been such an eventful year and I'm so glad I got to experience it all with Trevor. I feel like I got front row tickets to see all of the hard work he has put into getting accepted to dental school. It was definitely not an easy task. He makes every experience (good or bad) so much better. He is the hardest worker and is so determined and dedicated in everything he does. He is going to be the best dad to our sweet little baby. I just love him so much! Happy Birthday Trevor!



No comments:

Post a Comment